Have you tried increasing your keyword rank but STILL have problems ranking higher in Amazon?
Recently, we’ve noticed one of the most asked questions we have come across with many of our Seller’s since AMZ Tracker made some changes is, ‘What do I do with my Keyword data?’.
You’ve signed up with AMZ Tracker and you’re using all the features including the keyword ranking tool. But you have no idea what to do with all this data, sometimes the rank improves and other times it’s not such good news.
What do I do with this information in my rankings dashboard and why is it relevant to me?
Well, we asked a few experienced Sellers for their expertise on the topic as well as putting together our knowledge and resources, to put everything in one place and make life easier for you.
One thing we can tell you for sure is, selling on Amazon is not a ‘leave it and it will run on its own’ kind of business.
Once you sign up with AMZ Tracker, you’re still expected to go out and do your research. We recommend you try out new strategies and apply them to see what works for your business versus what doesn’t and tweak accordingly.
If you invest some time carefully reading this article, as well as the links included along the way, it could help you up your game and get you the results you want!
Sell More with Keyword Rank
The Keyword Ranking Tool allows you to track the rank of your product or you can track your competitors to see how they’re ranking.
Remember, the higher your products are ranking in the Amazon search results, is key to help you get high volume sales.
‘The purpose of this tool is to start optimizing and improving your listings.
The goal is to improve your rankings for your keywords, which will bring in more traffic and sales to your listings
The higher you rank, the more you sell’.
With the Keyword Ranking Tool:
- You can track your product for each keyword and our tool will even tell you when the rank track changes with our +/- symbol (+ indicates your ranking has improved and – indicates your ranking has worsened).
- You can add and target new keywords to the tool and assess their viability for targeting them in your Amazon listing. The keyword volume (data from monthly Google search data) will give you an indication of the monthly search volume, which you can use to determine if its worth targeting.
- You can add any product, such as your competitors or a new item you’re looking to do market research on in the Rankings tool.
- Also, when using the Keyword Research part of the tool, remember, ‘the keyword suggestions are related keywords to the ones that you already decided to track. They are auto-generated keywords from Amazon. If you go to the Amazon search bar and start typing in a keyword, you will see some suggestions by Amazon. We are giving you these same suggestions in AMZ tracker to make it easy for you’.
For a detailed overview on how to use the Keyword Ranking tool, check out our guide here
Save Time with the Keyword Ranking Tool
A tip from one of our expert Amazon Sellers
- Look at your products as well as your top competitor products in your industry and niche.
- Use their sales and keyword ranking as a benchmark and as a way to see how you’re sizing up against your competition.
Now, although AMZ Tracker won’t do the work for you but it will provide you with the tools to help you keep track of trends and rankings based on any changes you make.
- Save you time from searching all those ranks manually.
- Show you graphs so you can see the trends instantly.
- Look out for any changes in the rank movement:
- red (worsened)
- green (improved)
- Black (no change)
(The rank change column will tell you this in the ‘Rankings tab’)
- Could this change in trend be caused by any actions you took?
- Product Title was changed
- Added in new keywords for targeting
- Just started a new Ad Campaign
- Launched a huge Giveaway
- Any other changes you made…
- Helps you jump into decision making mode quickly and adjust your listing based on the data in front of you.
- Allows you to export all of your keyword data along with its search volume into a CSV.
‘This tool gives you an overall picture of how effective the actions you’re taking actually are’
We actually have a really great video guide on how to make the most out of this tool, here
4 Ways You Can Improve Your Keyword Rank
1) Play with Pricing – Changing your price could drive more traffic!
- If you’re not the only one selling this product, have a look at what competitors are pricing your product at.
- Did your competitor just drop their price or maybe they’re just able to sell this product at a lot lower than you, which is likely driving more traffic and conversions their way.
- Is it time for you to bring the price down for a certain time period and see how this affects your rank.
- Or maybe you could do the opposite, to appeal to a higher end market (if people are willing to pay the price for your product – depends on your product).
2) More Keyword Research – To optimize and find the which keywords you should target!
- To find keywords to optimize for you can add lots of keywords with the keyword suggestion tool. (To get further, in-depth data for your Amazon keyword search phrases and more, we have just launched a fantastic new tool. Deepwords will help supercharge your keyword search and you can sign up for access now).
- Then delete out keywords you are not ranking for and then add more and repeat this process to find keywords you didn’t optimize for that you may be ranking for and get sales from.
- After you find these long tail keywords (those three and four keyword phrases which are very, very specific to whatever you are selling. You see, whenever a customer uses a highly specific search phrase, they tend to be looking for exactly what they are actually going to buy) or keywords you didn’t know you were ranking for, you can check search volume and optimize for these as they have a low competition. And you can increase your ranking easily with minimal effort.
- Check keywords, your competitors may be getting sales from but aren’t optimized for by using the same method.
- After this, you can look at the search volume (information, which we provide you with and pull from Google’s keyword search volume) as an indication of what to target.
3) Run a promotion – To increase your sales velocity
- Run a promotion, which gives you a spike in consistent sales (remember each promo sale still counts towards your sales rank in Amazon).
- This should greatly increase your ranking for these keywords and lead to organic sales on these keywords (the organic sales should help you cover the cost of your promotion as well as sustain your ranking position).
- Then you can go after more competitive keywords as the rankings on your longtail keywords increase (repeat this process).
4) Tweak your Advertising – Attract your audience to buy your product!
- Are you running external advertising campaigns (Amazon PPC, Facebook etc)?
- Make changes to the copy and images and test, to see what effect this could have on your rankings (try not to make too many changes all at once, so you can see which change has an effect, if any).
- Play around with adding new keywords into your ad copy.
- Use the Super URL (remember, you can still use it externally on other platforms, just not the AMZ Tracker Promotions Tool).
- For your Super URL – Add a few more keywords as it’s more effective to target several keywords rather than just one.
Ok, So I Have some Keywords that are Performing Well.
See the answer below from our Power Amazon Seller and AMZ Tracker Founder, for your answer to this question:
- Add the keywords into the bullet points of your Amazon Product Listing as well as adding in some of the longtail phrases to the listing.
- Start a manual targeting campaign with Amazon Sponsored ads – target these best performing keywords to improve your conversion rate and sales rank.
- Once you notice your product is performing and converting well for specific keywords (which you used in your manual targeting campaign), now you can carefully incorporate them into your title and search terms.
- This will once again help you optimize your on-page product listing for higher converting keywords and improve your organic search ranking.
How Do I Know What Keywords I Should Target?
Best case scenario is finding keywords, which are high in search volume and low in competition. However, finding these are going to require a lot of back and forth action from your side as well as patience and persistence. Luckily for you, our AMZ Tracker’s Co-Founder, has some more awesome advice about this too:
‘Do HUGE amounts of keyword research. You need to know every single keyword that might be relevant to your product.
Optimize for ALL the keywords you can, in this exact order. I’ll use a woman’s purse and an example here.
- The most specific keywords as possible to the product: “Women’s Brown Leather Clutch Purse”
- Then a little more general: “Women’s Clutch”
- Finally more generic to the overall niche: “Women’s Fashion”
- Optimizing this way gives you the best possible chance of ranking for all relevant keywords. Start by trying to rank for your most specific keywords as possible, and then once those bases are covered start optimizing for a little more general keywords. Use our Listing Optimizer to make sure everything is properly optimized’